Monday, December 5, 2016

Homestead Tools - Kitchen Aid Food Processor


I'm over 40, so in my mind I'm officially old. If I've learned anything during my short time on this planet it's that quality is worth paying for. I would never tell you to buy the most expensive version of anything. Rather do your research and try to make a lifetime purchase, especially if it's going to be something that makes your life easier and allows you to get more done.

I'd never owned a food processor prior to buying the behemoth pictured above. Heck, to be honest, I didn't even know what they did. I was dating a girl who cooked, and taught me to enjoy cooking in the process. She walked me through all the things this Kitchen Aid could do and after buying it I couldn't go back.

I make a paleo meatloaf that consists of 6 eggs, 1 pound of ground beef, one pound of spicy italian sausage, a cup of parmesan cheese, a little minced garlic, a minced jalapeno, salt, pepper, and seasoned salt. All of that goes into the food processor at one time and it turns the ingredients into a really smooth, evenly mixed loaf in no time.

I use it to grind up eggshells into a fine consistency, make our laundry detergent for pennies on the dollar, make butter, grind up graham crackers for pie crusts (or Oreos), make butter, peanut butter, almond butter, humus, pesto, mayo, the list goes on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment