Monday, November 21, 2016

Everyday Carry - Kershaw Westin 3460



I've been looking for a replacement for my Benchmade Infidel that I lost when I rolled my Civic, after hitting a horse. All things considered, I still came out ahead in that deal. 

Aside from stabbing ISIS in the face, quickly, easily, and repeatedly, the Infidel wasn't much for practicality. Cool? Absolutely. Practical? Not so much.

I've rotated through a really big Gerber Tanto blade, it was too big. I went back an older, shorter and smaller Kershaw, but it was just too small. I was living with the big Gerber, but I watched a few minutes of a Nutnfancy review and took a flier on the Westin. It came sharp as all get out, though the one side being textured black plastic and the other side metal is odd.

It showed up in the mail about a week ago, and for me it's the most "right" knife I've owned. It feels right in the hand, the blade size is right for me, and the length, both opened and closed is exactly right for me. I really like how it opens with just a bit of pressure on the back of the knife. If you're looking for a good size knife, ruggedly built, take a long look at this knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment