Saturday, January 9, 2016

Preppers used to be labeled savers...


What my boss thinks my house looks like...

I do my best to never describe myself as a Prepper in polite conversation. I talk about being frugal. I will talk debt killing strategy until I'm blue in the face. I wear the label of farmer proudly. I never disagree when I'm called a hippie or anarchist. that said it's common knowledge at work about the Snow Compound.

It's always fun to plant the seed of self sufficiency in friends minds. Early on they have no idea what I mean when I tell them Chooks are the gateway drug to homesteading. It's a blast to watch a light go off when I share something I learned from Jack Spirko's podcast. This week it was how to use your car and an inverter to keep your fridge going and electronics charged after a storm from an episode with Steven Harris. (I've included those links below, BTW.)

This post however isn't about hippie proselytizing. Frequently in the midst of these conversations my friends or co-workers will comment that if something goes down, they're headed to my house. I don't respond, but hope they know if it's a storm, or flood, etc I'll do all I can. If it's a major SHTF regional or greater event, they're welcome, but there will be a cost. Bring a skill, or bring a strong back.

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/episode-1038-steven-harris-on-battery-back-up-systems-part-1-of-2

http://www.battery1234.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment