Saturday, June 24, 2017

I'm a Believer - Broiler Chickens for Beautiful Grass


I grew up in Arkansas, and perhaps being as close to Missouri as I was a bit of the Show Me state rubbed off on me. Joel Salatin, Justin Rhodes, Jack Spirko; the list goes on and on of folks who talk about the value add of grazing broilers. I never imagined it would be as big as this picture is, it still doesn't do justice to how amazing the grass is where we had the broilers, just a few weeks ago.

The most lush, thick grass on my place is where the chicken tractor was. No weeds, jut tasty grass. If I wasn't looking at it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it. I'm fully committed now to both the laying hens and further meat chickens. If I can just break even on the chickens, the benefits are amazing.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment